Thursday, June 01, 2006

I made beaded stitch markers!

I was browsing around the internet the other day and I came upon the coolest little bead. It's in the shape of a ball of yarn with knitting needles through it. How perfect is that I thought! I immediately ordered 50 of them.

Don't look at me like that! Buying in bulk was cheaper! :)

I had it in my head that I'd make a necklace or something for everyone in my knitting group. But that's a lot of beading! It would take me forever. So - I was rolling it around in my head - a bracelet may - well - hmm - do they really wear jewelry? - maybe not - I don't know. So - obviously I was confused for a good long while about what to do with these 50 knitting beads.

It's not like I can make a big huge necklace out of needles beads all for me - NO! I have to share the wealth! (besides those beads are sharp little suckers with those mini knitting needles!)

So - I was looking at my friend's blog the other day and saw that she made herself some really cool stitch markers and I thought - AHA! That's it! I'll make stitch markers for everyone. I mean - we're a knitting group after all - what better gift than that!

I think they came out great if I do say so myself. I don't know why I did't try this sooner - it was so easy! I have a million beads and bobs and wires from my days when I made jewelry - so I managed to dig out all the boxes of stuff last night. I rummaged around until I found some wire, picked out some beads and voila! Instant gratification and some pretty cool stitch markers too!

I think I'm going to spoil my secret pal in the SP8 knitting exchange with some too.

I made some green ones for my secret pal:



some blue ones for me!


I made these for my knitting group...


and these...



I also got some kniting done - beleive it or not - and I am about 4 inches shy of being done with the Mason Dixon bib I started. Yeah!

1 comment:

Nic said...

THOSE ARE ADORABLE. The cutest I have seen in s long time! /nic