Saturday, October 14, 2006

Are you tired of balloons yet?

If so - don't look at this post!

Here at Javajem knits - it's all balloons all the time! Well at least until the Balloon Fiesta is over!

We woke up at the crack of dawn today (around 5am) and headed out to Fiesta park to see the Mass Assention this morning.

As we walked around the park the sun started to peak over the mountain. As always - the sunrise was gorgeous...





After a cup of hot cocoa and a cinnamon roll - the balloons were ready to start... The weather wasn't perfect and there was the threat of rain in the air... so not all the balloons were going to go up - but there was still a decent showing.


As the first balloon took to the air - the crowd cheered and waved and welcomed them to the sky.


Soon - many other balloons followed and the sky was a mass of colorful balloons. One passed directly over my head - I could see straight through it...




The colors were just amazing against the gray sky...


























My husband's company Lockheed Martin had a balloon too...





There were hundreds of balloons in the air by the end...





My mom and I had a great morning!





After the show - I had to go back to work for a while (I know - working on Saturday!! What's that about!!) - then after work - I took Mom to the Frontier for a great meal of green chili burritos and a cinnamon roll - mmmmm....!!!

Then we headed West to the Petroglyphs National Monument.






Ancient Native American drawings were everywhere... It make you wonder - what will the next civilization think of our graffiti? Will it be a "monument" some day?











At one point - I turned a corner around a rock and saw this ...






What a nice surprise!

After the petroglyphs - we went back to the hotel to crash. Getting up at 5am really shortens your day!!!

2 comments:

Nittany Knits said...

What a great time! Tell Mom I said, "Hi!" I love the shaped balloons. Maybe someday they will bet a ball of yarn balloon! Have a great week

Large Marge said...

What will they think of our graffiti?!?