Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Secret Pal 9

Secret Pal 9 is almost here! I am a hostess this year - thanks for asking me Shelby!
I am very excited to get started assigning people to each other and getting to know my participants.

Here are my answers to the secret pal questionnaire...


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love variegated wool yarns and soft silky blends. I don’t really like fun fur or novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I have several needles holders and I also have a pitcher that I use to store my straight needles.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I’ve been knitting for about a year. I learned from a knitting book and from online help videos. I guess I consider myself intermediate although I still have a lot to learn!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? – Yes I have an amazon wishlist

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) My favorite scents are clean cool scents like mint, eucalyptus or tea tree.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? – I love chocolate of course

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to make jewelry, garden, sew, quilt, and do stained glass. I would love to learn to spin one day too.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like John Mayer, Indigo Girls, Billie Holiday, and anything with acoustic guitar

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love green and red (maybe not together - that would be Christmas!) I don’t like yellow or orange very much.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am married and have 2 dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I love them all

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?I like felted bags, wraps, and socks

13. What are you knitting right now?Socks, a lace wrap, a purse, a scarf, and another pair of socks

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I use both straight and circular. I prefer bamboo or aluminum.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes and yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Almost a year old – I started a sweater when I first started knitting and never finished it!

18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect turtles and of course yarn!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?I have a subscription to Interweave Knits - I love reading other knitting mags and am always on the lookout for really cool lace patterns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I would like to learn Fair Isle knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes – I’m a size US 9

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)December 30th

I also have a link on the right for the questions and answers in case this post gets hard to find later.

2 comments:

Nittany Knits said...

what does the hostess do?

V said...

Hi! I'm in your secret pal group and was just checking out your blog....my quest. looks VERY similar to yours! :)