Sunday, June 03, 2007

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

Yeah right... maybe if you're not a blogger! But I must share all the juicy details with you all. Well...at least most of them :)

I spent severals days last week with my friend Nicol at her house in Las Vegas. We did plenty of Vegasy things including seeing Spamalot with Johon O'Hurley as Kind Arthur!


we saw Rossanne Barr in lingerie ( I could have lived without that one...)


we did some gambling


ate at buffets and other awesome places!! (I love me a double double with cheese!)



and did lots of peoplewatching. Somethings can only happen in Vegas - check out this car...




But - here is what I saw most of the weekend...
Petunia! She loved her ball....


She would stare it for hours if you let her...


Petunia

She could catch it like a champ!

Petunia

and then more staring until you threw it again...

Petunia

and eventually... tired puppy
Petunia

Oh yeah - Fred was there too....

Petunia and Fred

Here's what they fed me...

My oyster

just kidding - it was actually a present from WHN - he got me an oyster with a pearl inside!
Pearl


One of the highlights of my trip was getting a chance to spin on a wheel instead of my spindle! I had some trouble at first - but I did eventually get the hang of it!

My first attempt at spinning on Nic's Majacraft. A little uneven...

My first Hand Spun

My second attempt...a little better... I also dyed it.

Hand Spun

And...
My final product - I love this one!!

It's handspun made from a purchase at Sheep and Wool

Hand Spun

We also dyed lots and lots of yarn! (nope you can't have any - it's all mine!!)

Dying


Here's one of my favorites:

Florence colorway


We dyed roving too
Emergency 911 colorway

It was a fun weekend - thanks Nicol!!!

8 comments:

Pheelya said...

Sounds like you had a great time. The yarn looks awesome!

Amy said...

That's cool that you and nicol spent some time together. I love all of the yarn you dyed and petunia!

chacha / Jen said...

What a fun vacation! Looks like you had a great time. :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome job on the roving! It's gorgeous! It certainly looks like you had a good time.

Stacey said...

wow! you did a lot!!!! vegas is pretty neat - lots to see and do! love the dying - so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home! You were so busy, I can't wait to see your goods in person.
JOlene

Jinann said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

Just LOOK at your spinning!!! I am SO IMPRESSED!!! That is an awesome job!! I love the colors too!! Way to go!!