Friday, August 31, 2007

We're Still Smiling!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who commented, emailed and called in the past weeks. It means so much to John to I!! We feel so loved :)

We are trying to stay very positive and we're definitely still smiling.... (and acting goofy as you can see here)

John and Jody


These pictures were taken by a friend last Sunday at a party for one of my co-worker's daughter's Voneelu.

If are you aren't familiar with this Indian tradition - it's very much like a Jewish Bat Mitzvah. The dancing, clothes, music and food were amazing! I wish I could have take home the beautiful saris that the women wore!

Here is a very small taste of what we saw:








***Edited to add - Go check out my awesome friend Amie's blog!! She is doing a walk to raise money for Colo-rectal cancer in support of John and others. I'll be walking with her too - so go donate a few bucks! Thanks Amie!!


Have a great long weekend!

10 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

That looks pretty cool! I love the colors. Very happy place to be it seems. As clearly seen by the smiles on your faces. =)

Heidi said...

What great shots, It sounds like you had a great time. Of course, orange is a particular favorite of mine.

Zonda said...

Those are beautiful sari's! Glad you two could have a day to have fun/relax!

Take care!! We are all here for you both! ((hugs))

Coleen said...

I love those pictures of you two! Except... what is going on in that second picture? It looks like John is trying to cop a feel! :)

Nic said...

In John's defense, if you can't cop a feel when you have colo-rectal cancer, when can you?

Stacey said...

I thought the same thing as Coleen! You two look great together - love the collage!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day out, and you two look great together.

Lolly said...

Beautiful and happy pictures, Jody. I am continuing to think about you two!

Jinann said...

Great pics! The two of you really make me smile - you kinda remind me of my hubbie and me.

The sari's are definitely gorgeous! I can see why you'd want to take one or more of them home.

Mauren Mureaux said...

I love the pictures of you and John, they are so fun.

The colors at your friend's party are amazing, so rich and vibrant. Lovely pictures.