Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Raglan from the top down is done!

OK so I didn't finish it in in March and I didn't finish it in a month either. But I did finish it! I started this sweater for the March Sweater Madness - knit a sweater in a month challenge. I came close! I cast on March 16 and finished it up April 19th. (Thank you Ravelry - I never would have remembered the exact dates - what did we do without you!)

So - here is my "almost knit in a month" sweater!

I'm calling it my Lucky sweater!

Raglan from the top down

Stats:
Pattern
: Raglan from the top down by Stephanie Japel a.k.a. Lucky!
Yarn: My handspun for the yoke and Elann Peruvian Highland Wool for the body in Peridot
Needles: Size US9 (I knit tight!)
Mods: I did my raglan increases with Yarn overs for some decorative details and added handspun trim on the cuffs and bottom of the sweater. I also did a turned hem on the bottom and cuffs.

Here is the handspun I used - I had about 100 yards of this awesome merino tencel from Cyberfiber:

handspun merino-tencel

It knit up like a dream and was just enough for the yoke...

Raglan from the top down


with a bit left over for the cuffs and bottom hem...

Raglan from the top down

Raglan from the top down


It's also perfect for Project Spectrum!

30 comments:

Stacey said...

that is amazing!!!! the colors worked perfectly together, and the handspun adds a great touch! it looks great on you!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous on you!!! You did a fantastic job of incorporating handspun!

maitai said...

it looks great on you, i love the green. perfect for project spectrum, perfect for earth day! :)

Nittany Knits said...

I'm "green" with envy :-)

Trillian42 said...

Fantastic!!! And what a wonderful use of handspun - really shows it off.

Anonymous said...

looks awesome! :) great way to use handspun!

Chris said...

I love that sweater!! A month (or close to it) isn't too bad I don't think

DPUTiger said...

That looks FABULOUS! Way to go! :)

Kerry said...

Stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have all of these random small skeins of handspun... what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Green with envy indeed!
Jolene

Gail said...

Jody

I love it.I must say you are loking more svelte lately too!

Gail

bySarah said...

I love the lucky sweater!

Coleen said...

LOVE it! love you too!

CiCi and CAJtalk said...

Looks great! Love the color.

Anonymous said...

It looks so wonderful! Great job on it.

AllyB said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love the colors

Lynn said...

another awesome item!!!

Bea said...

Lovely. It looks really good on you! I love the little detailing for the hem and cuffs.

Anonymous said...

It came out really pretty and looks great on you, Jody!

mrspao said...

That is a beautiful sweater and it looks fabulous on you :)

Pheelya said...

Gorgeous and the color looks wonderful on you!!

Unknown said...

You are a knitting fool. I have no idea how you find the time to work on things so complex with everything else that is going on!! It's quite impressive.

brsmaryland said...

So pretty! I love the yoke yarn at the cuffs and hem. What a great touch.

Knittymama said...

Beautiful greens! Love the spinning touch, might do that myself.

Chrispy said...

this sweater looks stunning on you. Nice way to include your handspun in the finished items.

Zonda said...

I just love it! Excellet sweater there! Perfect way to showcase your handspun! :)

Shelby said...

Just gorgeous!! I love it! Green really is your color, too!

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous! I love the handspun accents!

Diane Doran said...

What a cute sweater! I love that picture of you.