Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More Sheep and Wool Stories

I told you I wasn't done with Sheep and Wool! I have lots more to share. First up the goodies!! I was a very lucky shopper this year - I found everything on my list (and several items not on my list!).

My goals were to buy enough roving to spin a sweater - check

2 lbs of Roving

and check

More Roving and a basket

The first one is from Serendipity Farm and Studio and I have to give a big thank you to Amber for showing me the roving she got from there! It was exactly what I wanted - a nice natural colored roving that could be spun up into the bottom of another colored yoke sweater.

Which is where the colored roving comes into play. I plan to design my own fair isle yoke using these awesome colors. I am already spinning with ideas! (no pun intended!)

I also wanted to get some yarn for some sweaters. I ended up with enough yarn for 2!

This gorgeous orange tweed is Peace Fleece - I just had to have it!

Peace Fleece

If it tells you anything - Coleen and Sarah bought a sweaters worth too!!!

One day it will be a Sunrise Circle Jacket.

The second sweater purchase was from Fiber Co - I got some gorgeous cranberry colored Organik yarn. This was definitely the deal of the day! Only $4.95 a skein! I got 12 :)

Organik Wool

I think it may be another colored yoke sweater - maybe a cardigan this time though. I'm addicted to yoked sweaters I tell you!!

Anyway - those were the big purchases. I did get some other little things... mostly all from the Cloverhill booth. Come on! I had first dibs! It would have been wrong to waste that opportunity right?

My purchases from the Cloverhill booth

From the top - I got a spindle for my friend Heidi who could make it down this year. It's a hand carved spindle by Michael Sturtevant. I also got Heidi some roving - but something has to be a surprise!

Next is Little Traveler by Sanguine Griffin, A Monster hat by Jacey of Insubordinate, Cyberfiber roving, Dragonfly Fiber roving, Handmaiden Sea Silk, a Loop batt, and Peppercorn sock yarn by Spritely Goods.


Here we are leaving with our many purchases...
It's over!

I love everything I got and I can't wait to start knitting! It's been very hard to keep working on my most recent project - the Charlotte's Web shawl. I'm almost done though and then I can cast on for something new! The only question is where do I start!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty pretty! that will be a fun sweater! :)

I kept eyeing that peppercorn colorway.. sad that I totally couldn't buy more sock yarn!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh that's gonna be a gorgeous sweater.

I'm kicking myself for not getting a Loop batt.

Stacey said...

Start spinning that natural roving!!!! You got some amazing stuff - I can't wait to see what you come up with for yoke designs with those colors! The orange Peace Fleece is beautiful!

bySarah said...

I didn't notice all the beautiful colors mixed into your orange peace fleece...I can't wait to see it knit up.

I agree with Stacey - you should start spinning your sweater, then we can knit our sweaters together.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see that roving become a sweater!

Jane (the first one)

Lolly said...

Amazing roving for your sweater, J! that will be so fun to watch :) I got some beautiful Peace Fleece last year that I really *should* use sometime very soon... yours is lovely in that color!

Michelle said...

oooh I can't wait to see these in action...especially the roving for the sweater!

TopazGirl said...

You know, all your yarns and fibers are awesome, but I cannot get over that adorable BASKET! It's totally cute. :)

maitai said...

wow, you got a lot of great stuff! can you believe i didn't buy anything? :)

danielle said...

Gorgeous yarn. I've actually had the Sunrise Circle Jacket bookmarked for when I attempt a sweater.

Jenn said...

Anytime you want to get rid of that *super* cute basket!!! I'll be your best friend...

I admit it, I'm a basket ho. :)

Zonda said...

Gorgeous rovings and yarns. Yikes, the PF orange is amazing...I've never wanted an orange sweater until now ;)

knitfriendly said...

It was great to see you too! I am spinning some more "practice" roving in preparation for the Serendipity Roving. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Anonymous said...

I have serious basket envy vbg. Love your roving and the cranberry yarn!

Stephanie said...

That is one gorgeous haul from Md Sheep & Wool :) you're going to have yourself several glorious sweaters!