Monday, May 05, 2008

Until next year Sheep and Wool!

It came - and it went - and now I'm exhausted! But it was a great weekend!! :)

MD Sheep and Wool festival was this weekend and I've been on the go since Wednesday night helping Jolene tag, scan and get ready for her debut at the Cloverhill booth! I have to say it was a complete success.

The space went from this:

Setup

to this:

Cloverhill Booth

thanks to help of some awesome people (you know who you are) it all got setup and looked awesome.

Then the crowds came!!
Cloverhill Booth

Wow!!

Cloverhill Booth

It was a madhouse on Saturday and a calmer pace on Sunday - but overall it was a wonderful weekend.

I did manage to sneak away Saturday afternoon and some yarn and roving "jumped" into my hands....

Here's my haul...
The haul

Enough yarn for two sweaters - enough roving for one sweater and some special skeins in between. I will give you all the juicy details soon I promise!

I also got to see some of my most favorite people from Blogland!!

Blog friends at Sheep and Wool

From the top - I was thrilled to see Christi, Pam, Amber, Judy and Amber's mom; Michelle, Rosanna, Ann, Jody, Chelette and Cici , and finally Stacey,Lolly , Isel, and Lolly's pal Jenna.

More pics and stories coming soon! I have to spread out the love :)

16 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

You got all that when you SNUCK AWAY? Wow. That's power shopping at it's best. Well done.

It was so great seeing you again!

Lolly said...

YOu all did a fabulous job at the booth! what a transformation! and you had some amazing yarns!

Love the montage of photos! (don't forget Isel at http://iselknits.blogspot.com/!) she is in the last photo of us as a group :)

Trillian42 said...

I was so thrilled for you guys that the booth was constantly busy.

And OMG. What the heck is up with my expression in that picture? lol

Anonymous said...

What a great booth! And I am so inspired to take a trip from Frederick to visit Cloverhill. I think we need another yarn crawl!

Jane

Zonda said...

Wow what a weekend! I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts! Nice lil' haul there!

knittish said...

Why is it that when I see or think of you, I just get happy?

It was such a treat to get to see you again! Like whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top of a multi-scoop ice cream sundae type of treat!

Warm hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

this was totally the best booth there! :)

Stacey said...

What is that orange yarn you got??? I can't wait to see the spinning begin for the sweater. it's going to be amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous haul!! That blue and brown roving looks stunning.

bySarah said...

i miss you already.

good loot.

I guess I should take a picture of mine too...
I already started spinning the money batt!!

DPUTiger said...

I tried to find you at the festival, but that was on the trip into the Main Barn that fried my brain. To the point where I couldn't find The Mannings where I was trying to meet a friend. Pathetic. I should have tried again when I came back after my lunchbreak. Looks like you had a blast! :)

Heidi said...

I am SO jealous, I must go now and sulk on my bed, alone and without pretties. (heavy sigh)

Bea said...

Looks so fun. I'm glad you had a great time and the cloverhill booth did so well!

cici said...

That was a blast... let's do it again :D

Diane Doran said...

Looks like you had a blast! It felt sinful to miss out, but with First Communion we just ran out of time.

maitai said...

i'm so glad i got a chance to meet you!