Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Eye Candy!

I just had to share the results of my latest Loop spinning batt!

This was the butterfly batt - remember my Monarch theme?
Loop Club Batt  - Monarch Butterfly

I spun it up (practising my newly acquired art yarn techniques) and made it into this yarn!
Monarch Loop batt

This is a picture of it pre-soaked - so all the little kinks and stuff are still there - but I made coils, knots, loops, and stacks onto a lace weight yarn to create this art yarn.
Monarch Loop batt

I love how it came out! I have about 100 yards of it - I'm thinking it may become another sweater yoke!

Monarch Loop batt

Have a great weekend!

If you stop by Cloverhill on Saturday morning - you may see me - I'll be teaching the Intro to Lace class!

13 comments:

cici said...

wowie,,, this is my favorite color..you are really getting good at this.:D

Trillian42 said...

Wow, Jody, that's gorgeous!!!

I may very well see you on Saturday - some friends and I are making a trip up to Cloverhill. :)

Mia said...

I can;t wait to see this knitted up. I love the colors.

bySarah said...

Gorgeous!
I cant wait to see it in person!!

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!

Ruth's Place said...

Stunning!

Congrats on the class teaching too.

turtlegirl76 said...

I'm in lust. That's absolutely gorgeous!

Jinann said...

OMG! Absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous result!

Zonda said...

That is so pretty! Coolness!

Lynn said...

Such gorgeous colors!

Stacey said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jody! That's beautiful!

mrspao said...

Gorgeous :) I can't wait to see what you knit.