Thursday, April 02, 2009

Need a little sunshine...

I'm sitting in the Birmingham airport... waiting for my plane which is an hour delayed. I originally had a 1 and half hour layover - and now it's 2 and half hours! I spent the last few days in New Orleans for work. It rained or drizzled or fogged the entire time I was there. And now a huge storm is delaying me more! Ack!

I could definitely go for a little sunshine. - So I thought I'd share some of the Spring that has been popping up around my house... before all this rain of course!

My neighborhood cherry trees are blooming!

Cherry blossoms

The hyacinths are popping out...

Hyacinth

And the daffodils are blooming...

Daffodils



And another little piece of sunshine... I bought these daffodils from Trader Joes to brighten up my table... aren't they gorgeous!

Sunshine

10 comments:

Jenny said...

It's been raining here and your photos make me feel the spring sunshine! Thanks for the lift!!

Stacey said...

Everything is so pretty! I can't wait to get down there next week to see it all in bloom! Everything up here is still brown (with some snow!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flower pics. Wish I was seeing those cherry blossoms in person. Miss you!

Ann MT said...

Those look great! I'm waiting patiently for my daffodils to bloom.... taptaptap.... they're my favorite!

knitfriendly said...

I love this post - so uplifting! Great photos and I am glad you made it back safely.

Tala said...

Gorgeous photos, Jody! You really have a gift! It's been thundering and pouring here, and these pics are motivating me to get out in my garden and clear it out - too many leaves out there!

Thanks for the compliments on Henry - he's adorable, and a real joy! My email addy is talamorgan@erols.com. Drop me a line!

Anonymous said...

Awesome flower pictures! Our apartment complex is "renovating" as in: tearing everything down. So we don't have any pretty flowers around here. My mission this weekend is to buy some potted plants and brighten up the place. I'm jealous of the Cherry Blossoms, they are so beautiful.

Lynn said...

Beautiful flowers....they definitely make me smile and think spring since it sure isn't feeling like spring outside!

Diana said...

I love fresh flowers anytime!! But pity, in my 365days summer country, we hardly get these beautiful flowers.. So, mostly the flowers are imported.. and gosh, they can cost a bomb!

Regards
Diana
http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com

Jinann said...

Oh my! The flower photos are beautiful!