Friday, August 06, 2010

Handspun makes it better

Long overdo knitting update! I haven't been knitting much but I have finished a few things lately. I think almost everything I've been knitting lately has been with handspun. Will I ever be able to knit with regular yarn again!?


Most recently I knit this hat:

Wurm hat

Stats:
Pattern: Wurm by katushika
Yarn: Handspun dyed by Woolgatherings
Needles: Size 4 and 6 US
Mods: Knit 2 purl rows and 7 knit rows instead of 5 and 4 and only knit 6 repeats.


I also finished this shawl:

Annis shawl


Stats:
Pattern: Annis by Suzanna IC
Yarn: My hand-dyed handspun yarn
Needles: Size 9 and 10 US
Mods: none

Earlier this year I knit these socks:

Fat Cat Handspun socks

Fat Cat Handspun socks


Stats:
Pattern: Plain socks
Yarn: Fat Cat hand spun
Needles: Size 2 US


The one non hand spun item I finished are these Trekking socks:

Trekking socks


Stats:
Pattern: plain socks
Yarn: Trekking
Needles: Size 2 US


I'm thinking about designing a shawl for this contest. I guess I have to get spinning in order to be ready in time!

10 comments:

bySarah said...

love it all...but ESPECIALLY the hat!! woot!!

Debbie T said...

Ooohhh I love the hat, but the Trekking socks are very pretty too!!!

Theresa said...

Very nice! Love it all, especially the hat and shawl.

Zonda said...

Beautiful knits! Especially the handspun ones :)

AJ said...

Love everything. Definitely stick with the handspun!

Knittymama said...

You've been busy! I especially love those socks. Still trying to spin some yarn worthy of socks.

RedThread said...

Love the handspun socks! I'm addicted to FatCatKnits :)

Also, Suzanna IC is one of my best friends here in Germany! It's been exciting to witness her rocket to the top of the pattern popularity chart hehe

And just wanted to say thanks for all your comments on my blog, I really appreciate them!

Risa RJ said...

I love your hat and your socks good so warm and yummy!!

Very nice....very nice.

Anonymous said...

I love that shawl! Beautiful header too, by the way.

Mia said...

You have to love knitting with handspun!