Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baby Leggings Tutorial

Fall is coming soon and I'm not ready to give up putting dresses on my little girl!  The solution?  Baby leggings!

Untitled

These cute leggings are so easy to make you won't believe it.  I've seen a few different ways to make these on the internet but here is how I did it.

Materials:
  • 1 pair of women's knee high socks
  • scissors
  • sewing thread 
I found some cute socks at Target that were on sale for $2.50 - so I grabbed a bunch and headed to my sewing table.  I just love the Halloween ones!

Untitled

Cut above the toe, and above and below the heel:

Untitled

You can discard the toe and heel and keep the other parts to make your leggings.

Untitled

Take the foot piece and fold the tube in half with the outside fabric on the outside.

Untitled

Put the top piece of the sock inside the foot piece that you folded in half.  All the raw edges should be together at the end.  Pin them in place. 

Untitled

Now you're ready to sew!  Take the sock to the sewing machine and put the needle on the inside of the sock.  This is easier than sewing on the outside because you have less of a chance of catching the other side of the sock when you stitch around.  Be careful not to pull on the fabric while sewing, otherwise it will get stretched out.

Untitled

After sewing all the way around, trim the threads and flip the cuff down.  You have a baby legging!  Repeat for legging number two.

Untitled

Untitled

Now you are ready to put them on a baby!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Then go make some more!

Untitled

 Untitled

Untitled




5 comments:

ruthsplace said...

These are so cool! Wish I'd know to do this when mine was young. She's too tall to use them now.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

This is a super great idea! :)

Awww she's so cute, too. She is growing like a little weed. Always smiling and so happy. :)

Blessings always

Unknown said...

they're really great!

I linked to your tutorial on my blog - thanks for sharing!

doro K.

Legwear said...

I love seeing kids wearing stylish legwear and find it amazing! but I think it will not suits my kids to wear this kind. But absolutely I love to see your wearing and post it here. This type well perfectly fit to cute kids like your!:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found this - I'm going to make this for my niece for her 1st birthday!